Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes


1.     “It was absolutely breathtaking. I’ve never seen anything like it. And nobody got bitten by a chipmunk! God is good!” –Adyson Helms (Marshville, NC)
2.     “The view was breathtaking and so was the hike.” –Lauren Simpson (Concord, NC)
3.     “Thank God I did not die from a rabid chipmunk.” –Kathryn Rosenberg (Mooresville, NC)
4.     “Mama, I made it!!” –Graycie Bustle (Statesville, NC)
5.     “The Grand Canyon was a wonderful example of God’s glory here on earth.” –Alyssa Adams (Grover, NC)
6.     “I saw the scary chipmunks!” –Lauren Hines (Union, SC)
7.     “That’s a really big hole, definitely more than two feet.” Olivia Stewart (Iron Station, NC)
8.     “Pictures definitely don’t do it justice.” –Bekka Myers (Denver, NC)
9.     “I survived the chipmunks with a breathtaking view.” –Whitley Dockery (Whiteville, NC)
10. “If you don’t believe in God after seeing the Grand Canyon, you should.” –Julia Bailey (Union, SC)
11. “Paul Bunyan did a good job and we made it up.” –Kendall Setzer (Hickory, NC)
12. “WOW!!! Never seen anything like it before!!! God is amazing. –Ashley Kostryznski (Charlotte, NC)
13. “Going down the was the easy part, coming up not so much!!!” –Kayley Jayne Addis (Union, SC)
14. “The canyon was so pretty, my mom would be crying her eyes out.” –Kaylee Jackson (Sanford, NC)
15. “The Grand Canyon is truly breathtaking and seeing it in real life is so much better than seeing it in pictures.” –Sam Turner (Marshville, NC)
16. “Pictures are nice, but seeing it in person is so much better.” –Meredith Wright (Mooresville, NC)
17. “The view was great, but the rabid chipmunks were a little bit scary.” –Jayleigh Drewery (Vale, NC)
18. “I was too exhausted at 5am to be afraid to fall in, so the hike was a blast.” –Brooke Coggins (Kings Port, TN)
19. “I’m not crying, you are.” –Caroline Clements (Denver, NC)
20. “It was breathtaking.” –OJ Bost (Rockwell, NC)
21. “My fear of heights stood absolutely NO chance.” –Emma Hughlett (Gastonia, NC)
22. “Driving on the bus the last five days was worth seeing the breathtaking work of God.” –Sophia Gotte (Belmont, NC)
23. “There are two sides, North and South Rim, and we hiked the South Rim!–Zach Cline (Charlotte, NC)
24. “WOW! God is so so good!” –London Flemming (Mooresville, NC)
25. “Dang, this thing is beautiful.” –Grayson Tucker (Mooresville, NC)
26. “Absolutely amazing, my calves are dying.” –Logan Kir (Monroe, NC)
27. “That’s one big hole.” –Savannah Smith (Cramerton, NC)
28. “I don’t really cry, but I cried when I saw how beautiful the Grand Canyon was.” –Avery Little (Denver, NC)
29. “I became a junior park ranger and you can too (for $17.99).”  –AJ Clemente (Mooresville, NC)
30. “Mother nature really knew what she was doing with one.” –Kylie Drake (Matthews, NC)
31. “It’s a really big hole.” –Blake Teague (Indian Trail, NC)
32. “It was just so breathtaking”-Jackson Paine (Dallas, NC)
33. “The hike was really refreshing and the view was like a movie.” –Andie Toney (Reidsville, NC)
34. “Hey guys, I hiked the Grand Canyon.” –Parker Riley (Gastonia, NC)
35. “Wow” –Riley Niven (Holly Springs, NC)
36. “It’s a lot bigger than it looks.” –Drew Z (Sherrills Ford, NC)
37. “Haha, Rhode Island you’re smaller than the Grand Canyon.” –Joshua Gluck (Gastonia, NC)
38. “The hike was surreal and so was the view.” –Olivia Vero (Mooresville, NC )
39. “The view was amazing and the hike was good.” –Payton Ballard (Dallas, NC)
40. “The view is impossible to describe, you have to see it in person. It’s wonderful.” –Briana Pratt (Mooresville, NC)
41. “What a big hole.” –Sarah Cloninger (Mooresville, NC)
42. “The view was so breathtaking, it was like a dream.” –Clarice Atkins (Sanford, NC)
43. “I’m way more out of shape than I thought.” –Emily McColl (Madison, NC)
44. “It was so beautiful, but I still think it is a green screen.” –Katy Shillingburg (Monroe, NC)
45. “I don’t know what all the hype was about, but I was wrong, it rocks.” –Meghan Carroll (Denver, NC)
46. “The Grand Canyon was just so beautiful–Sarah Jamison (Belmont, NC)
47. “I got chased by a rabid squirrel and I didn’t think I was going to make it out alive.” –Taylor Bostick (Gastonia, NC)
48. “Thank you to the Grand Canyon for making me realize how out of shape I am.” –Maddie Van Meter (Gastonia, NC)
49. “Gorgeous, but glad I didn’t do the six mile.” –Georgia Queen (Dallas, NC)
50. “Walked a half mile, but it was beautiful.” –Chase McLeod (Charlotte, NC)
51. “Where’s the elevator?” –Kathryn Anthony (Gastonia, NC)
52. “I fell six times, but it was worth it.” –Annabelle Pearson (Gastonia, NC)
53. “I got more exercise running from the chipmunks than hiking the Grand Canyon.” –Emma Davis (Gastonia, NC)
54. “It was all fun and games, until we had to hike back up.” –Lindy Sell (Gastonia, NC)
55. “I don’t know what was worse, the hike back up or seeing rabid chipmunks.” –Elizabeth Levine (Cherryville, NC)
56. “Almost came home with the souvenir of rabies.” –Mary Charles Burke (Gastonia, NC)
57. “First Kirby to hike the Grand Canyon, someone get me a metal.” –Anna Kirby (Newton, NC)
58. “That was one big hole.” –Foster Rouse (Gastonia, NC)
59. “I expected something different, but I was not disappointed.” –Imara Harrell (Mooresville, NC)
60. “The canyon took my breath away… literally.” –Samantha Valour (Belmont, NC)
61. “I still believe a meteor caused the Grand Canyon.” –Caleb Swaim (Gastonia, NC)
62. “The view is better the farther you walk.” –Kali Morton (Mooresville, NC)
63. “You know how people say the view is better from the top? They were wrong.” –Rachel Webster (Raleigh, NC)
64. “The Colorado River has great fish.” –John Ford (Charlotte, NC)
65. “Yeah, half mile in and half mile out.” –Adolyn Rankin (Stanley, NC)
66. “It was so pretty that it didn’t look real.” –Bailey Dulin (Kings Mountain, NC)
67. “It was fun.” –Reggie Larose (Pinehurst, NC)
68. “Some things in life that are beautiful you can describe with words, but words can’t describe the beauty of the Grand Canyon.” –Adam Chu (Elkin, NC)
69. “One of the best six miles of my life.” –Jake Trantham (Mooresville, NC)
70. “Definitely couldn’t hike the twenty miles you did at my age, mom. Six was enough.” –Hannah Stroot (Wake Forest, NC)
71. “Grand absolutely underestimates the view and energy surrounding this place.” –Belle Hollifield (Cherryville, NC)
72. “I definitely recommend only walking one mile, so you can get some pretty good chocolate chip pancakes.” –Jordan Laschinski (Troutman, NC)

73. “Mom, I hiked the Grand Canyon! Aren’t you proud of me?” –Mary McCraw (Concord, NC)
74. "I got chased by a squirrel." -Keegan Irby (Bessemer City, NC)
75. "I didn't know something could be that breathtaking and that beautiful." -Jenna Robinson (Salisbury, NC)
76. "Getting to share such an experience with such a great group of people was truly breathtaking. Also, we should all do name tags next year." -Nathan Brown (Belmont, NC)
77. "Wow" -Nick Andrews (Sherrills Ford, NC)
78. "Mom, I didn't fall!" -Mallory Gardner (Gastonia, NC)
79. "The Grand Canyon was like nothing you could ever imagine!" -Olivia Mathew (Mooresville, NC)
80. "That's insane!" -Alex Rote (Kittrell, NC)